Monday, April 03, 2006

 

Two months in the process

Well, I thought it was time for a little update. We haven’t been posting much on this website recently. It turns out we are busy with other things then writing. (No sh#t Sherlock). By the time we are done demolishing and building we fall down on the couch or in bed and basically do nothing else for the rest of the day.

Amazingly the combination “building your home” and having a regular day job is going pretty well. During the day I work with my mind and in the evening I work with my hands. It’s actually pretty fun. After a hard day of mental exercise I come home and do “dumb” work. It’s almost like going to the gym. And after a weekend of immense physical labor I can relax on Monday at work. It’s a good mix of things.

At the moment we are two months in the process and due to the fact that we planned to be done by the end of May, this means we’re half way. This does not include construction of the glass veranda (Is this the correct English word for “Serre”?)

We demolished a lot and we are building now. The first and second floor look completely different then when we started. Rooms are split, walls have been destroyed and unused space has been turned into valuable living space (well it’s supposed to be able to sustain life in about two months). When I walk through (what’s left of) the house it really feels like my house now. It’s no longer Ome Jan’s house, it has changed too much. I can’t believe how fast it’s all going. We have new windows in the house, new windows in the roof, we created 5 rooms on the second floor, we have changed the entire first floor, we stripped the house of all electrical wires and replaced them with new and safer once and we did lots and lots more. I’ll try to post some pictures in the near future to give you all an idea.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?